Sunday, July 8, 2012

9 months to gain 9 months to lose

The picture on the left is me one month after delivery. The picture on the right is me 9 months after deliver. By changing my diet and refusing to eat "empty calories" I lost all 60 lbs gained during pregnancy and (so far) and additional 15 lbs.


When l was pregnant with my daughter l started hearing the importance of healthy eating from my doctor. I became concerned that the empty calories l was consuming were not benefitting my baby’s development. I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy (when l should of only gained 25 lbs) After delivery my husband and l began researching the foods we were eating and adapted our lifestyle to incorporate vitamin rich foods that would put our whole family on a healthier path. By focusing the majority of our diet on foods that benefit our bodies we have both lost weight and feel much stronger. By the time my daughter was 4 months old I had lost all of my pregnancy weight. I am now down to what I weighed in high school and l am still losing a couple pounds a month. My husband has also lost all the weight he gained during my pregnancy too. I have never enjoyed “diets.” I always felt starved and deprived. However, changing my whole lifestyle to focus on vitamin packed/low calorie/high fiber food has given me the freedom to enjoy a weekly sweet treat. My all time weakness is Dr. Pepper. And l love that l can have one with no guilt! I decided to start blogging my new recipes and sharing everything I am learning about food. My main sources are www.webMD.com,www.livestrong.com, and the book “99 Superfoods” by Carrie May. Please keep in mind that I am not a doctor or nutritionist. I am simply sharing the information that is benefitting my overall health!

No comments:

Post a Comment